Monday 21 October 2013

Project...Outdoor setting

You may remember the little outdoor setting I picked up at the Vintage Fair (Vintage Finds). It needed a little work. You can really notice the rust on the top of the table. So my daughter and I set about a conducting a little restoration project.


 



Using a steel brush, medium grade sandpaper and a steel pad we were able to remove the build-up of flaky paint from the chairs and table.

We applied a couple of coats of primer to address the rust before finishing off with an enamel (semi-gloss) final coat in white.

I was really happy with the end result. I still wanted the piece to look a little rough loved and would have left it in its original condition had it not been for the rust.


Now in the meantime i.e. before house is built (or as I am calling it BHB) and it is moved onto the verandah, I see a temporary home in the shade by the vegie garden.

4 comments:

  1. Wow didn't they come up fantastic! Have you sat with a cup of tea yet and enjoyed the serenity? Lisa xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa. Absolutely though not limited to tea...just as nice with a glass of wine at sunset. Nicole xx

      Delete